Saturday, April 7, 2012

ART happens

Today I am practicing painting buddha faces. I'm working small and just playing basically. I'd arrived at the point where I was happy with my results and ready to take a break and maybe pack up for the day. Laying on my art table were the throwaway bits and I was just about to scoop them into the garbage bin when I realized that I could pop them on to a rolodex card for an altered rolodex art card. So I grabbed a blank card and collaged the throwaway bits onto the card and then added a word and an edge of other throwaway paper that I keep in a small box ready for times like this. Here is one page of the rolodex card (untrimmed) and also the bit of printed transparency that my daughter threw away and I nabbed. This transparency will make up the larger part of the reverse side of the card.
I just really liked the look of the ART that happened with the printed transparency laying beside it on the table. It's all serendipity isn't it? Nice to see you again. We'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

2 comments:

  1. gotta love serendipity :)

    thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely to meet you...i love this little collage.. thanks for visiting me and leaving such a lovely message xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...